Saturday, September 24, 2011

Training Day 1...

One-word-After-Action-Report: Whupped.

Just whupped.

Todd's one-day "Speed Kills" class is not Basic Handgun One. I am so glad that I had his Aim Fast, Hit Fast class last fall before taking this one, which was all about making low-probability hits at speed. As it was, I was hanging on my chinstrap by the end of the day.

I'd love to write an actual AAR right now, but I have to get a good nights sleep before tomorrow, because tomorrow is going to be all Shooting On the Move, so the AAR thing is going to need to wait until Monday.

2 comments:

Keads said...

Get some rest! I look forward to your full review later. For now do what you need to do! Time on the range with Todd is a finite resource.

Sport Pilot said...

I’m not sure what level of conditioning one could or should do to prepare for a physically challenging firearms training course, I’ve always been exhausted afterwards. Worse, with mild arthritis in my hands and fingers I finish each day in pain. Afterwards I wonder why I keep going back for more punishment but wouldn’t have it any other way.