Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Back to the Glock

After two weeks of shooting nothing but the Canik, I was a little worried about coming back to the Glock 37. Would I have forgotten how to run the thing?

I took a hundred rounds to the range with me, but...and this is so girlie...I hadn't trimmed the nail on my trigger finger well back like I usually do when shooting Glocks. So, given the more vigorous recoil of the .45GAP compared to the 9mm I'd been shooting for the last fortnight, plus how thin and brittle my nails are, it bent funny and started to tear on the last round of the fourth magazine.

Not having a nail clippers and not wanting to tear the nail into the quick (because ouch!) I fired the last loaded magazine weak-handed and reeled the target in, saving the second box of ammo for Tuesday. Note to self: Put nail clippers in range bag. (Usually these are needed for a thumbnail blowing up while loading a shotgun.)

Anyhow, the gun shot like I hadn't set it aside for half a month, including the ten rounds fired weak hand. There were no malfunctions of any type to report.

The Glock 37 has now fired 1,710 rounds since it was last cleaned or lubed, with one failure to feed on round #1,589, and one parts breakage. 290 rounds to go.
.