Sunday, July 09, 2017

Friday...

I'm thinking a couple of these Case Club cases could really improve my life. There's an 8-pistol one with rolling wheels and some stowage space for ammo and such that would be just the heat for longer trips, such as Blogorado or visiting New Hamster. Meanwhile, this four pistol one is earmarked for holding whatever configuration my Sigs are currently in.

So, I did some fun shooting on Friday over at Indy Arms Co., with my former CCW Gen3 Glock 19 and my pimped-out P320 Compact, as well as .22LR Sig P250 Compact I picked up from CDNN. (They're still selling these things for under three bills, and they're fully compatible with centerfire Caliber X-change Kits. That .22LR compact's trigger group has been dropped into a full-size .357SIG and a 9mm compact.)

First I fired the deuce-deuce at the 2" circles and 1" square at three yards, by way of warming up and concentrating on pulling the DAO trigger smoothly. Next, the Glock 19 at the 3x5 upper target at seven yards went about like I expected.

Finally was the P320 Compact at the 8" circle at seven yards, trying to work on some speed. It was hot on the range, since it was muggy and rainy outside and there's no way that the HVAC unit could keep ahead of the rate of air exchange. The Boresight Solutions frame made a big difference in controllability in my sweaty paws, relative to the stock Gen3 Glock frame, which is pretty bar-of-soap-y in wet hands. The Grayguns trigger is a delight. The Dawson sights are making me think about skinnier front sights on all the things...