Saturday, July 01, 2017

Unconventional Glocks...

This is a project that is just now getting underway, so this post is kind of a preview. It's my Gen3 Glock 20 with the grip chopped to take Glock 29 magazines. Call it a "G29L".

Flash Thunderworks in Knoxville did the work, which includes stippling, a high hand cut, removing the finger grooves, and a grip reduction, among other things. The gun sports an SSVi Tyr trigger and a Leupold Deltapoint Pro. I'll do a more detailed post on the gun shortly...

Friday I met up at Indy Arms Co. with a friend & former coworker to let him bust some caps through it, what with him being an aficionado of high-horsepower carry pistols. The pic above shows his current carry gun for work, a full-size Glock .45ACP, but with a longslide treatment. He let me run a few rounds through it, and it ran well, let me tell you. I'm thinking a Glock 40MOS might be in my near future...