Tuesday, October 04, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it...

...and I feel fine, because I read SurvivalBlog.com!

Today is book bomb day at Amazon for Jim Rawles' latest novel,Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse, which is a not-really-sequel-because-it-takes-place-at-the-same-time of his earlier book, Patriots.

While not as much of a "How-To Manual Disguised As A Novel" as the previous book, there's still an awful lot of information packed into the storyline. Also, the book gives a closer look at the effects of a slow financial collapse and, via a character who finds himself stranded overseas, explores travel in a world where regular services are unraveling.

I enjoyed it. I hope you will, too.
.

7 comments:

Dr. Coyote said...

OK, I've gotta ask: review copy, or download-at-midnight? Either way, thanks for the review. I'll have to wait for the Big Brown Truck of Happiness to fetch mine from Amazon. Maybe it'll be here for the weekend!

Tam said...

Mr. Rawles is the very first author to ever grace your humble correspondent with, not just a review copy, but an advance proof, which made me feel like a real journalist and for which I will feel eternally grateful. :)

Dr. Coyote said...

Too cool! Of course you're a real journalist. I just wish you had a seat in the White House press pool.

theirritablearchitect said...

Tam in the WHPP. I can hear it now; "So, Mr.President, how, exactly, is it that you're going to save a whole bunch of money by spending even more?"

Please, do share.

russell1200 said...

"I enjoyed it"

LOL- talking about brevity in review. Your expensive by the word.

I tried out what you would call a book taking place at the same time and found nothing official. The best I can come up with is a "Seguential."

Anonymous said...

WHPP my ass! Put her in the BIG seat in the Oval Office!

Joe in PNG said...

"...a character who finds himself stranded overseas, explores travel in a world where regular services are unraveling."


Indeed- I'd be in pretty much the same boat.