Monday, December 26, 2011

Backlog...

I have got a ton of stuff that needs to be written up at The Arms Room, to the point where I've just wanted to curl up under the covers and whimper until it goes away.

Despite this problem-management technique never having worked before, it's still my primary response to crisis situations, for whatever reason. It's not so much "procrastination" as it is throwing my towel over my head so that the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal won't be able to see me and will maybe go away. But that poor blog doesn't deserve to languish like this, and so...

Anyhow, there's an adorable little Mauser 1910 that needs photos taken of it, a preliminary look at a T&E Boberg XR9-S (which will be getting a full-length review in Concealed Carry Magazine,) and closeups on my two Pedersen guns, a Remington Model 10 and a Remington Model 51. And there's bunches more where that came from.

It looks like we'll have good picture-taking weather today, at least.

8 comments:

Frank W. James said...

Yeah, Me too...

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Robb Allen said...

Well, being that you referenced the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal and forced me to go look up omphaloskepsis, I'd say you're doing ok for today!

Sport Pilot said...

I'm currently procrasting over three pending written assignments due mid January. While I'd rather write about historic firearm's reading what you produce is alway's insightful.

Mattexian said...

Maybe you just need a bigger towel, beach-sized perhaps.

Just My 2¢ said...

Oohh. A Mauser 1910! When my grandfather passed away, we found his Mauser 1910 .25acp, an owner's manual printed in German, and a box of ammo, minus 1 magazine worth. He was a tax collector and we figger he bought it in about 1930. It's beautiful! It's my brother's...

Tango Juliet said...

So how'd the wheel thing turn out on the Z3 anyway?

Justthisguy said...

Ha! And you claim that you are not neurally-divergent? Admit it Ma'am, you are one of us. It is an honorable estate, we being the salt, or maybe even the Tabasco sauce, in the otherwise bland stew of the fiftieth-percentile people.

Tam said...

Justthisguy,

"Neurally-divergent"? Divergent from what?

I am a species of one, sir, just like every other person on this planet, whether they care to realize it or not.