Saturday, August 22, 2015

Over the Hump

Another range trip today with the BG380. Wanting to push over the halfway point on this excursion, I grabbed four boxes of the Lucky Gunner-provided Fiocchi .380 FMJ.

I hung the target up on the 10-yard berm mostly just to have an aiming point. Nonetheless, all 200 rounds landed in an acceptably small beaten zone. I think I'm getting the hang of the trigger on this thing.

All two hundred rounds were fired in the space of about 45 minutes at the range. It probably took as long to keep stuffing the four little six-round mags full as it did to do the actual shooting. As it turns out, after about 175 rounds or so, the snappy recoil starts to get to the palm of my hand. I wound up firing the last three magazines weak-hand-only to give my dominant hand a rest.

The two hundred rounds went off without a hitch, with no malfunctions of any type to report.

That's 1090 rounds in the books with no cleaning or lubrication. There have been three light strikes on primers (#140, #357, #628), but otherwise the pistol has gone through the complete cycle of operation with each pull of the trigger. 910 rounds to go.
.