Friday, April 01, 2016

Nearing the finish line.

Back to Indy Arms yesterday morning with the Canik TP9v2 and the last fifty rounds of Lucky Gunner's American Eagle 115gr FMJ. I also brought a fifty round box of Federal 115gr +P+ 9BPLE jacketed hollow points and bought two boxes of Fiocchi 115gr FMJ at the counter when I got there.

There was a brief time where I was out on the range by myself and I might have exceeded the 1rd/sec speed limit by...well, a little. Which is how that one body shot went egregiously high and right.

There were no malfunctions of any type to report.

The Canik TP9v2 has now fired 1810 rounds without cleaning or lubing and experienced nine failures to eject and nine failures to feed in the initial fifty, as well as one failure to fire (#221), one failure to lock the slide back (#350), four more failures to eject (#323, #379, #997, #1220), and two more failures to feed (#1312, #1325). 190 rounds to go.
.