Friday, August 26, 2016

Malfunction!

Thursday morning I headed over to Indy Arms Company and sent another hundred rounds of Lucky Gunner's 10mm 180gr Remington UMC FMJ ammo downrange through the test Glock 20. Wednesday evening the UPS man brought the two extra G20 mags I'd ordered from Brownells, so I reckon I'll be keeping this one for a while.

On round #83 of the day (#1,213 of the test) I experienced the first failure-to-feed with the gun that I'm not 95% comfortable attributing to a poor grip and hot ammo. I don't know if you can see in the picture there, but the rim just barely hung on the extractor claw. As a matter of fact, when I shifted the gun slightly to take a second picture, the jostling of the magazine floorplate against the shooting bench was enough that the slide shot into battery of its own accord.

I fired the first fifty rounds at the upper A-zone at fifteen yards. Then I ran the target back in to the five yard line and fired at the lower A-zone in three-to-five-round strings at a pace that I would never use if I weren't the only one on the range.

This makes 1230 rounds since the Glock 20 was cleaned or lubricated, with three failures to feed (#401, #454, #1,213) and three failures to fire (#598, #1,016, #1,029). 770 rounds to go.
.