Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Rounds downrange.

Both the American Compact and the LCP II went to the range with me yesterday. I had fifty rounds of Lucky Gunner's Armscor .380 for the LCP II and fifty rounds of American Eagle 115gr FMJ for the American.
The American Eagle ejected extremely weakly, and caused this failure-to-eject on the fourteenth round of the day (#314 through the gun), a classic "limp wrist" caused by there being barely enough energy to function the gun. I concentrated on really clamping down my grip for the remainder of the box and experienced no more malfs, but the attention I was paying to holding the gun as immobile as possible probably contributed to the vertical stringing of my shots on the target below.

I'll chrono some of that AE today to see how weaksauce it actually is.

The LCP II experienced a single failure to return to battery on the twenty-fourth round of the day (#600 of the test). There were no other malfunctions to report.

For the LCP II, this makes 626 rounds fired since the gun was last cleaned or lubricated with four failures to return to battery (#128, #158, #245, #600) and one failure to feed (#540). 1,374 rounds to go.
.