Friday, March 09, 2018

#noplebgunstoday

No pleb holsters, neither!

After some extremely frustrating writing time, I made an emergency schedule change and decided that this morning's range visit was just some me time, some sanity shooting, a little recoil therapy. I set aside the work guns and pulled some old favorites out. They're still dirty, and the Wilson in particular still needs to be field-stripped, photographed, cleaned, and lubed, but I was just going to shoot for fun.

I almost packed up and went home with that third shot on Dot 8, the one that's clean off the paper. I'm glad I stuck around, though, because Dots 9 and 10 are pretty solid. This was three yards, untimed, 47/50. I should have cleaned it. Oh well.

The Springfield Pro was drier than a popcorn fart, and I can't remember the last time I fired it, but it has to have been at least a year or more ago. That Black T finish has rather a lot of lubricity, though, and the slide still feels almost like it's had an Acc-U-Rail job done.

The Wilson is so filthy that the slide is noticeably sluggish. It still ran fine though. Apparently it is unaware of expert opinion.

The Springer was at seven yards and the Wilson at fifteen. I was pushing just a little bit with the seven yard shots, and shooting like I was on the clock at fifteen yards. Pushed a little too fast on a couple of those. They're still within the generous USPSA A-zone, but I see four where I'd let my grip come all apart and that high one I hadn't let my sights really settle yet but my trigger finger had already made up its mind.